In the past 18 months, our workers have undergone substantial trauma due to public health concerns. However, as employers we may have overlooked the subtext of division based on race, gender, politics, orientation in both mainstream and social media. This divisive dialogue has caused risks workers fear most: humiliation, loss of status and rejection.
Organizational researchers have found that such anxieties keep people from reaching their full potential as contributing members of a team. Please use these resource links below to help your teams find cohesion and enjoy personal/psychological safety in your organization.
Resource Links from The National Safety Council
- Psychological safety
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace: ‘A safety issue’
- Opioids and the workforce: COVID-19 pandemic-related disruptions create new hurdles
- Psychological safety is part of a safe workplace
Share this short video on social media or in staff emails:
Campbell Institute resources
- Diversity and Inclusion: Lip Service or Lifesaver – recorded webinar
- The Intersection of the Pandemic and Psychological Safety
DII is your partner in 360 degree safety and risk mitigation for your company. If you have questions about mental health coverages in your policies, please reach out to your DII representative for more information.