If you are planning a road trip to celebrate the extra-long Labor Day weekend this year, please keep safety in mind. The National Safety Council estimates 19% more motor vehicle fatalities this year vs. 2020.
Some of the most overlooked safety precautions include:
- Ignored safety recalls ( visit checktoprotect.org to view open recalls for your vehicle )
- Consider walking or biking instead of driving for short trips
- Understand your vehicle's on-board safety systems. Visit mycardoeswhat.org to view these advanced safety systems and how they provide protection
- Use child safety seats, and check to ensure they are properly installed
- Do not drive if you suffer from fatigue
For more safety precautions please visit https://www.nsc.org/saferoads
DII wishes you a happy and safe holiday weekend. If you have any questions about your current vehicle coverage, please contact your DII representative.